Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday, October 16, 2014
TODAY'S HOMEWORK

Spelling Unit 6 is due Monday, October 20, 2014
Spelling Test is on Monday, October 20, 2014

Story- Event 13
In LA we have been working on the story "The Long Wait".
In class, the students have been creating their own story based on the story,"The Long Wait". 
We all have an introduction,Event #1, and Event #2 now we are working on the third event or Top of the Mountain.  Below I have modeled Event #3.  Students need to replace the highlighted portions with their own ideas and words that will work for their story.  Have have attached our whole story so you can see the flow and repetition.

Introduction

There was once a _witch_ whose name was _Olga_.
She lived in her _haunted house_ with her husband the wizard, Gargamel.  One spooky fall night, Olga woke up earlier than usual.  Gargamel was fast asleep.  I’ll go catch some green toads for tonight’s magic spell.  I’m sure Gargamel will make my supper.”  Off she flew on her broom to catch the toads.


Event #1
In a while Olga returned and cackled to Gargamel, “I caught the green toads for tonight’s magic spell”.  I’m ready for some supper, Gargamel dearNo reply.
“I guess it’s too early.  He must be still sleeping,” she croaked to herself.  “I’ll go fetch some snakes and snails and puppy dog tails for tonight’s magic spell.Off she flew on her broomstick.

Event #2
In a while Olga returned and cackled to Gargamel, “I caught the green toads. I fetched some snakes and snails and puppy dog tails. I’m ready for some supper, Gargamel.”  Still no reply.  Garmamel must be exhausted this evening,” She thought.  I’ll go get the cauldron and the fire started for tonight’s magic spell.”  Off she flew on her broomstick.

Event #3
In a while Olga returned and grouched to Gargamel, “I caught the green toads. I fetched some snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.  I got the cauldron and the fire started for tonight’s magic spell. I’m ready for some supper, please.”  Still no reply.  Olga was annoyed.  “Well, I’ll just do one last chore, but no more, until I get some supper.”  Off she flew to find her black cat.


**Bring a food item to school to donate to the food bank**


Unit 6 Spelling Word List

                           -nk words
                                                                                   
                               bank                 pink
                               sank                 sink
                               tank                  wink
                               thank                drink
                               prank                think


Parent/Teacher Interviews
Parent/Teacher Interviews are tonight Thursday, October 16th. 
PLEASE let me know if you are unable to attend your scheduled time.

Scholastic Book Fair

Scholastic Book Fair is taking place from 
Wednesday, October 15 - Friday, October 17,


 you may purchase items with your parents during Parent/Teacher Interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment